So, you read tarot, and you want to make this hobby of yours HUSTLE! I'm here to tell you it is COMPLETELY do-able! Here are 11 ideas to help you get an amazing foundation fast to making more money.
1. Pick a Social Media Platform, and get GOOD with it. Whether it's Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn or Pinterest, what ever social media platform is your favourite, there's almost always a way to make money on it. Pick your platform, become the expert on it, and then focus all that knowledge towards your tarot. Be creative, and be YOU! Posting pictures of tarot cards everyday is SO overdone. Be Consistent! Share stories, announce availability for readings once a week. When you master one platform, add another, and connect them all together.
2. Meet the Other Local Witches/Readers in your area. Sometimes it can be a challenge to get yourself out there, but go where the readers go. Make some friends. These are the people who are doing what you want to do, and it's good to surround yourself with like-minded folk. Other local readers are going to have some answers to your questions, can put you in touch with event co-ordinators, will give you referrals to clients, and may even become a tarot mentor.
3. Know your tarot cards inside and out. I know this may feel like an odd thing to say, but the better you know your cards, the better your readings will be. And if you give great readings, word of mouth travels. If you've made some effort to get to know other readers, most likely you'll have the chance to READ for other readers. And if your readings are great, they are going to recommend you to other readers, and possibly clients. (I've had times when a client comes into my office, and we just don't click. That's when I recommend another reader for them, and you bet I have a list of other readers that I respect and would recommend!) So, if you feel like you need a little more practice, find yourself some tarot lessons with a tarot teacher.
4. Treat your tarot hobby as a real business. Charge what you are worth. If you want to make money (or more money) with your tarot skill, you have to start treating it as a real business. Surrounding your skill with the energy of a serious business might sound like woo-woo, but isn't a bit of woo-woo exactly where we live as tarot readers? (I always tell my clients "This is my real life." after I give them the "for entertainment purposes only" disclaimer.") Keep the receipts, the mileage on your car, and the bookkeeping. If book keeping isn't your thing, hire someone like I do. For the small amount it costs me to hire her, it frees up hours and hours of my life that I spend making more money with tarot. And, the next year, I get to write off the cost of her services. (I write off a portion of my internet, my phone, my gas mileage, and rent, because I treat my tarot as a home business.) OH yes, and be sure to charge an appropriate amount of the amount of time and money you've invested in learning that skill. If you need help finding that number, get Tarot Marketing Mastermind help with your tarot business.
5. Get some business cards for your tarot business. When you give a fabulous reading, or meet other readers, you'll want a professional and personalized way to give them your info. Vista Print Coupons and specials are offered all the time! They are really inexpensive. (If one client comes to you from business cards, that one reading will more than pay for the entire box of 250 of business cards. ) I leave business cards on the table with my tip at restaurants, as well as on cork boards in shops and offices. (They also offer shirts you can personalize with your business name to wear around, as well as flyers you can make up to leave at shops. I use Vista Print all the time.)
6. Set your business up to take payments. This really is part of taking your business seriously, but it's so important to have other payment methods available no matter where you end up. (And especially before the next few steps to making more money.) I make so much more by being able to accept credit cards and debit cards in my business. The tricky bit is that some payment gateways don't allow 'fortune tellers.' So, it's a good thing that our service can also be considered "Councelling" or "Coaching". My favourite Credit Card Processing to Accept Credit cards and debit cards has been Square. NO fees on your first $1000 in sales. And, after that, the rate they take is the lowest I've found. And after using it for a few years, I've never run into snags with it. They deposit your earnings to your bank account the next business day.
7. Participate in Events and Fundraisers. I have taken part in many local events, from Rotary fundraisers, to private events. Sometimes I'm volunteering my time, taking with me all of my business info. I get the chance to meet new people, and I always book one or two parties and a handful of private readings with people I would have never otherwise met. On occasion I've done corporate events where I'm getting paid a flat fee, or a per person fee. All of these events will have other people milling around or being social who may not get a reading with you that night, but connect with you later. Events and Fundraisers are excellent ways to make more money with tarot. Plus, you get to put on your social media that you participated in something special!
8. Set up a booth at farmers markets and craft fairs. These places will usually charge you a small fee to set up, but now that you've set up your tarot as a business, you can write that off! When I do booths, I will always offer short fast readings at a low price. It's always a busy day, and I'll do up to 16 readings in a day before I need to tap out, however, I regard these days more as being social and a way to connect with people one on one. I've had many repeat clients come to my office or book parties after meeting them in person at markets and fairs. People are always in a curious and fun mood at these, in the mood to explore and be open to fun things. (These are when having that Square comes in really handy!)
9. Do Tarot House Parties. I've been doing house parties for over 10 years, and I think the important thing with these are, above all, safety first! I mostly book for women who want to get together or birthday/bridal shower parties. It's important to remember you are running the show. I instruct the hostess before hand what I'll need, and what to expect, and how to prepare their guests. If you want more guidance with how to set up a tarot reading party so they'll be the most successful for you, let's connect!
10. Read Tarot in a Metaphysical or New Age Shop. Being a guest reader in a metaphysical shop can be so much fun, and so lucrative! Whether you just want to be a guest reader every now and again or a permanent fixture, people are always coming in off the street or looking to their favourite new age shop to recommend a good reader for them. I usually ask in every shop what the average price is that a reader charges, as the shops are always going to take a small percent of what you are charging. You may have to get used to the idea of charging a little more, but you'll be surprised how quickly clients will pay for the service of tarot guidance. Being affiliated with a shop can also help boosts your reputation and credentials.
11. Ask for Referrals. Don't be shy! When ever anyone asks what I do, or I get into a convo at markets or events, instead of pitching the person I'm talking to, I like to ask them "If anyone you know might be interested, I'd really appreciate the referral!" when I had them my business card. And, it works! I always ask clients before they sit in my office how they found me, and about 30% come from referrals. (which means asking for the referral has given me a 30% boost in my income.)
The bulk of the other 70% of my income comes from the other Marketing skills I've learned and implemented over the last 10 years, to make tarot reading and energy work my soul income.
Lori-Grace, aka The Little Witch, is a psychic medium who uses tarot cards to connect with spirit guides. She sees clients in her Midland Ontario office and online over video meetings for readings, teaching tarot classes, and Mentorship and coaching with tarot marketing. For more information about Tarot Classes or Tarot Marketing, see her website at http://TheLittleWitch.com
Electronic Gift Certificates are now available with The Little Witch - for tarot readings, psychic readings, reiki treatments, and reflexology.
Tarot readings can be done anywhere via in person, one on one video chat, at the convenience of the person you are buying the Gift Card for! They can choose from times shown on the booking schedule, or email directly to Lori-Grace to arrange a suitable time. Times available are in Eastern Time, and can be from 9am to 9pm.
Electronic Gift Certificates can also be used for in person visits in The Little Witch office in Midland, Ontario.
Payments for egift cards are taken by the Square payment processing system, with a place for you to choose the amount, and leave a personalized note for the gift recipient. You choose a gift certificate picture to go along with your gift. A code is then emailed to the person you want to make the gift for, for them to use when they are ready to get their reading.
Gift Certificates can also be purchased for classes, coaching and mentoring.
The Coldwater Witches Walk is fast approaching, do you have your black hat ready?
I was asked by a friend, if I would be attending the Coldwater Witches walk this year. Last year, I attended, with a set up in the Coldwater Museum. I was there to help a friend who is also a reader, with doing tarot readings.
This year, the event happens on October 16, 2019.
Last year, with some weird weather, we lost power all through Coldwater, and so I only got to do a few readings before it got dark and even more confusing! But still, I think so many ladies had a great night.
As a vendor with the Witches Walk, we have to set up a tent, and figure out how to light it all up so that all through the eve, all the witches can see inside the tent.
I'm not crazy about the idea of sitting outside in the brrrrr cold! So, this year if I go, I'll be seeing if I can sit inside of one of the shops and be helpful, in exchange for being able to hand out business cards and let people know about my readings in Orillia and Midland. (I have offices in both cities.)
I remember being SO cold last year, so be sure to dress in real witchy layers! thick stockings and shawls and mittens and long socks! Halloween costumes will probably not cut it!
If you are looking for a reading before heading out to the festivities, connect with Lori-Grace, The Little Witch, to make your Witchy night complete!
When you want to learn how to read tarot cards off by heart, where can you find a teacher near you? Whether it is that you want to read for yourself, learn as a hobby or make a business out of reading tarot cards, the fastest way to your success is to find a mentor or coach that can guide you quickly through the cards and lessons.
Lori-Grace offers a unique program of weekly video classes that are one on one, classes built just for you, using the tarot deck that you connect to or already own. Even if the tarot teacher isn't near you, you can learn at your own kitchen table right along side her! Learn how the tarot works, and watch how it unfolds into your life. With study, learning the tarot brings out your own intuition.
The "Read Intuitive Tarot" program provides the convenience of learning online, or with a tarot app, but has the personal connection and guidance of an in person teacher. The convenience of having a teacher to answer your questions and make them make sense to you, with your personal deck.
This program is designed for each student to develop a deep connection to every card, where you are in your tarot journey. This program will work for beginners, or for readers who have gotten a start but are have some trouble spots with the meanings.
Lori-Grace has 20+ years experience reading tarot for herself, friends, and has a thriving practice while living in a small town. She has taught tarot to many new and upcoming students how to read tarot cards for fun or profit.
Within the program, you as the student meet with Lori-Grace over live video chat once a week, to study cards, spreads and meanings. A private facebook group is also set up for the student and teacher to practice during the week, have questions answered, and connect. This is a fast track course to move you quickly from a beginner into a confident reader, capable of reading for clients.
Lori-Grace is a tarot mentor and coach with a thriving practice in a small town. To learn more about Learning the Tarot near me, see The Little Witch website.
Before you try to manifest your desires, it's important to be in the right frame of mind! Trying to manifest from a place of feeling emotionally low or drained is not going to help your well crafted manifestation list come to fruition. You have to be in the right head space, first. How do we do that?
Here are The Little Witch's Top Three Tricks, to get into the right vibration, so that you can successfully manifest what you've been after. The beautiful thing is that they are simple exercises that don't have to take too much time at all.
1. Dance. I will find some poppy dance music to move around the kitchen to. I want to raise my heart rate, and feel my cells and organs alive!
2. Sing! Although it sounds a little bit the same as dancing, it carries vibration - right out of your face! Hitting certain notes and feeling the music coming through you helps to set intention. Feeling the vibrations on your teeth, in your throat, in your ears, all through your bones! It helps to quickly raise up your energy, and lift yourself up out of low emotions or a state of stress. When I am singing, I am aware of the lyrics in the music. Be sure to pick music that is full of happy love or great energy just for energy's sake!
3. LAUGH. I know, that sounds easier said than done sometimes. My cure for it is to get together with people who never fail to make me laugh, and who I feel comfortable with, or I'll watch a comedy movie (or listen to a comedy album - Thanks, Steve Martin!)
I find the trick with allowing any or all of these things help you raise your vibration, is don't let them have to mean anything. Take a 5 or 15 minute break for yourself to just let go, let loose, with the music or the movement or the laughter. If you go into this exercise thinking "I must conquer this task" or with any sort of agenda or stress, you won't be able to trick your body or energy into lightening up!
Watch the video for more information on these three tricks to help you manifest all that the 'vortex' has in store for you! (Thanks, Abraham-Hicks!)
It's finally here! Keeping Her Keys, An Introduction to Hekate's Modern Witchcraft. It took 7 weeks to arrive which felt like an eternity, but Gods will work in their own good time.
When poking around to find out about the book, I discovered that the author, Cyndi Brannen is from Nova Scotia (Canada) and that made my heart sing! I've got a bit of an obsession with Nova Scotia, and getting back there, and this was just another a-ha connection for me.
The book is set up in lesson plans, to take you through a year and a day of study. This pleases me greatly. To commit to a practice takes time, and I tend to chew through books pretty quickly. This book is forcing me to take my time, and keep notes.
I got the Hekate nudge in winter, during the deep dark "Is it ever going to end?" days of February. I was doing a lot of writing, and a lot of study. When I came across this book in my news feed at Facebook, it felt like the right time to open up to this energy.
And already, she's been chatty with me, and I take that as affirmation of my continual path.
I feel like this also corresponds with my move into Orillia with tarot readings. Having a permanent tarot office type space there is a big commitment on my part, and I feel like the deepening of my practice with my path is connected to this, too. (I am using an art studio on Peter Street South to do readings in, by appointment only.)
Last night was the full moon, and it really does feel like "full speed ahead" in my magical life. It helps that we're having summer weather now, too, I suppose, but I'm grabbing the energy of the summer/full moon/tarot/Welcome Hekate vibe and dancing vigourously with it.
I imagine the knowledge from this course is going to also spill out into the energy work that I do, the kitchen witchery, and the garden-love that all weaves within my practice. Part of the course is to keep a note book solely for the purpose of recording exercises and experiences associated with the year and a day Keeping Her Keys course. I expect to see much overlap with all the other aspects of my life, as this encourages witchcraft in every day life.
If you have done this study course, I'd love to hear about your experiences in the comments section!
Exciting news! I've been invited to do Tarot Readings in Orillia Ontario. Space has been made available to me at Three Crows Speak to see clients on a weekly basis, by appointment only. Instead of traveling to my office in Midland, I'm bringing the tarot readings near you.
The spiritual tarot readings I give will show you the reasons for where you've been, what's most important now, where the situation is going... and how to successfully navigate your future.
Tarot Card readings for Orillia can be booked online, or contact me through the forms on The Little Witch website.
I have a number of clients who have already been making the drive from Orillia to Midland, to see me in my office in Midland. Acquiring a space in Orillia seemed like a natural decision. And, using the Studio space that's already filled with great energy felt like a great fit.
In general, readings will be available by appointment only on Thursdays (from 11 to 5) and Mondays from 11 to 4. The times may shift around a little bit, depending on how everything flows in this new-to-me space.
I'm also available, by appointment, for phone readings for clients who are further away from Orillia.
Orillia readings will be $35 for half hour and $70 for an hour.
Did you see The Little Witch walking around the Midland Ontario Butter Tart Festival? She was wearing a tall black hat, and carrying a black lacy parasol. That was me!
I was giving away little gifts to people downtown at the Butter Tart Festival on Saturday. They were post cards with a ballot for a free draw that Wand n Cauldron was doing for the day.
Attached to the little post cards that had directions on the for getting to the shop on Manly Street was a little key chain with a semi precious stone attached, that Melissa from Wand n Cauldron had made herself.
The Festival itself felt much more organized this year. There were still a tonne of people there, but it seemed like the layout used this year left more room to move and get around. It was also great to see all of the local stores having tables and tents out to promote their stores too!
(unfortunately my office is just off the beaten track, and was hiding behind a bunch of sod they had laid out on Elizabeth Street for a golfing game that looked like it was for kids. My office is a few buildings behind the Midland Public Library, and there was also a bunch of porta potty's down that strip too, so there really was no point sitting in my office at all. )
Although the most popular tart vendors sold out around noon, there were still lots of butter tarts available to be had. I bought mine at Grounded Coffee Co a little later in the day (sometime after having my lunch on the grass at Midland waterfront. )
Strolling up and down King Street on Saturday was pleasant. I had no where else I had to be and no time frame to adhere to. I got to have a bunch of conversations with strangers and friends on the day of the festival. (Mostly about the tag on my witch hat, and my parasol!)
It was so much fun to help out a friend promote her new business. Funnily enough, I didn't hand out any of my own business cards. Between dragging the cart around that had my water bottle, purse, camera and puppets in, it just seemed too complicated to get any thing else done other than hand out the little flyers. (yes, I am also a puppeteer. I make videos and post them on youtube with my puppets, although it was difficult at the Butter Tart Festival to pull them out and get any decent footage...)
Did you see me on that day, and take any photos with me? It was such a crazy day that I didn't even get any info from anyone that had a photo taken with me, but I'd love to see them! Connect with me and I can even post them here if you are willing to share!
I'm already excited for next year.
Wand n Cauldron is an authentic shop for witches.
The Little Witch specializes in Tarot Readings in the Midland Ontario office space, and on the phone for long distance clients.
Looking for a phone number for Lori-Grace, The Little Witch? There's a reason I don't have a phone number as a contact for booking appointments!
All of my clients either come from Google searches, referrals, or in person events.
When someone who wants a reading finds me on Google, it generally means they have the means to connect with me online, through email. This also means they can access my appointment calendar to see when I'm available and book the appointment themselves.
If someone looking for a psychic reading meets me at an event in the local area of Midland, we can often set the date in person right away, allowing me to give them the info on how to prepare for their reading and how to find my office.
For those who are looking to inquire about booking a party, using the form on my website is still the best way to do that. When I connect with someone through email, it allows me to be ready - date book out with the available times. If someone calls me and I pick it up in the middle of dinner prep, I'm bound to over book myself!
I do have a number available for those who want readings over the phone, locally or long distance. But that number is only active if I'm logged on to take calls - it doesn't take messages or allow you to book in person readings, or cancel an appointment.
It is unconventional for a business to NOT have a phone number available for connecting, but because of the nature of my business, and my world wide reach with advertising, a number that was available all the time would be ringing constantly!
I really prefer to allot certain times of days and certain days of the week for working, instead of having a phone ringing at all hours of the night, often times with questions people want answered ASAP.
You can always connect with me through the form on the main page of my website
Or through email, or Click to book your own in person reading in Midland Ontario.
If you were looking for an in person, over the phone reading, we can arrange that through Keen!
I volunteered to read tarot cards for a ladies night with the Midland Ontario Rotary. All the proceeds go to the Rotary, from the readings that were done. My table was in the Art Gallery at the Midland Cultural Centre, with a number of other Vendors. I got to choose where my table would be set up. When I saw Tiny Gems vendor table, I knew I had to be near them! They've got good vibes.
I volunteer with this Ladies Night event every year, and in past years I've read up to 15 people in the evening, small 10 or 15 readings. We've now evolved into doing 30 minute readings for fewer clients, which is amazing. I truly prefer to spend more time with the clients one on one.
The day after the Rotary night at the MCC, I did the first sit in Guest Tarot Reader spot at Wand N Cauldron in Midland. I was so excited! And, the readings were so good!
The space is so comfortable, and the store always feels so good to be in. Also, it just happened that Melissa ("This Witch") had just got a shipment of the BEST incense in, and hung out in the store.
In Wand and Cauldron's little reading room, the readings came easy! She's got a beautiful cozy tarot reader nook behind some curtains, with a little round table set up, that she had specially made for the space, and a special Gypsy Den looking light that hangs from a chain. Her shop is close enough to downtown in Midland, that the shop stayed just busy enough all day. It was perfect for the meet and greet with people I've never met before!
So, the end of the story in the video really is, I"m no longer a waitress. It's time to focus on my tarot life. Everything is pointing towards it.
Lori-Grace writes about paranormal occurrences, dream work, tarot readings, and ponderings.
The Little Witch Newsletter goes out twice a month - One Subscriber will win a FREE One Question Email each newsletter!