Instant Messaging Chat!
Doing something FUN this week! Phone and IM tarot readings!
From Nov 11 to Nov 15, I'm going to be available by chance, to do readings through my Keen platform.
(I've been using Keen for all of my phone readings for 19 years. It keeps YOUR phone number private, and mine! It's a really great system. It ALSO keeps you completely anonymous to me! I DO like reading with as little info as possible.)
The fun part about this is that you decide what you want to spend. It puts you in control of your budget. A great opportunity to get a live reading for the price of an email reading. (My email readings start at $15 CAD for one question.)
When you see the buttons above say CALL NOW or IM NOW, it means I'm sitting on the daybed, with my cards out, ready to do a reading for you.
If you see that it says I'm on a call, you can click the button to get next in line to chat with me!
If you've spent any time at all with me, you'll know that I prefer readings over Zoom, but I've had so many inquiries about phone readings lately, that I thought I would spend a little time with the ol' phone lines. It's where I really got started reading for people who weren't in my community, 20 years ago. :) (You've probably heard my stories about being a reader on the Miss Cleo phone lines, if you've hung out on any of my Facebook Live days.)
I'm only planning on doing this during these days. look for me between 10am and 3pm Eastern time, although I may pop on in the evenings if I'm feeling compelled to. (You know how Spirit sometimes moves me.)
Make sure you prepare, are in a quiet place (no distractions from TV or other people) and have some paper to take notes - My readings will often get pretty detailed!
Are ya ready! (So excited!)
It's not often these days that I use Keen for phone readings. When I'm available, you'll see the button above say so. If I'm on a reading, it will put you next in line to speak to me.
I do quite a few Instant Messaging readings, because sometimes the neighbourhood is noisy! When I was co-renting Three Crows Speak Art gallery space, I would have the IM on anytime there wasn't someone in the Orillia Gallery.
But the phone readings have fallen to the wayside. This is mostly because I've discovered that I really like the face to face interaction of Zoom readings! However, I know not everyone has internet or wifi where they are, and so I still have my phone account set up.
With the phone tarot readings, you can't see that I'm shuffling, or when I'm closing my eyes, or making the little hand signal that I do by habit, to indicate that I'm getting spirit guide messages for you. But trust me, it's happening.
When I'm reading for you on the phone, I'm sitting in my quiet office completely focused on your voice in my one ear, and what spirit whispers in the other.
Sometimes I'm sitting at the laptop desk that I have set up to do my psychic and tarot business, and other times I'm sitting on the daybed, with the cards all spread out in front of me, and my cell phone in my lap.
If you are ready and prefer a phone reading, rather than a Zoom reading, the preparation for your call is still the same.
I've created a "How to Word Your Question Well" note, so that you will be best prepared and make the most of your time with me.
When it comes to phone readings, it's important to understand that the rate noted on that page is in US dollars. You are in control of what you spend, but I usually recommend that you allow 10 to 15 minutes per question, to really feel out and understand what Spirit is trying to say to you about your topic.
Keen keeps all your information private - I won't see your phone number, or any of your personal details. If you don't want to set a name to your account, it will keep what I see as a "Client number", and so that allows you to remain anonymous also.
When I first started doing psychic tarot for clients on the phone, it was through the Miss Cleo lines. Remember those? It was 1999, and I was brand new at reading for others. It was busy!
Several years after that, I worked as a contractor for California Psychics. I treated it like a job, logging in for 3 hours a day, keeping track of my calls so I knew what my average call was - because at that time , the readers had to maintain an average of 20 minute phone calls.
It was a challenge though, as they would have free minute promos, and people would routinely call, use those 3 minutes, and not pay for more ... so it would bring down the average call time, and bump the reader to the bottom of the call list. Feeling like I HAD to keep clients on longer felt NOT right to me. If I had delivered the answer to their question in 10 minutes, that should have been the end of the call.
I discovered Keen in 2002. A Middle man type site, where I could create my own listings, work when I wanted to, without having to maintain a weekly hour commitment, or an average phone call time. This felt much better. And still gave me all the benefits that I was looking for with a phone line.
And it continues to feel better using it. Those early days on the phone lines where I worked as a contractor were so stressful. In my professional tarot practice now, I absolutely cannot read for clients if I'm stressed - how am I supposed to deliver news of calm and clarity to clients, if I'm stressed out about keeping them on the phone?
I basically log in to be available for phone readings when I have no other appointments, meetings or classes... and when I feel compelled to log in randomly (which honestly usually happens when the Universe "pings" me, that I am required to assist someone THERE.)
When I am doing IM Readings, I'm sitting at my desk, with the cards out on the table, just like when I do the Friday Funday readings. I type between 65 and 90ish words a minute, so the pauses will happen in IM readings when I"m shuffling, or forming how to word the messages for you.
Reading Tarot long distance is very similar to the idea of remote viewing, or distance reiki. We are all connected, and when we ask Spirit or Source to connect us, it does so instantaneously. I've been doing these remote readings a LONG time, and I find it easy to connect this way.
If I'm NOT online, but you are ready NOW, as a new user you can take advantage of this 10 minute offer, with another reader you might connect with:
I've had several inquiries over the last 6 weeks about my Reiki and Reflexology services.
From now, until the weather turns cold on us, I'm offering Reflexology or Reiki energy work in the Midland area, with a few conditions, to make it safe for everyone.
If you are in the Midland Ontario area, I can do Reflexology Sessions
in your back yard.
You must have a covered but open area
(think: pop up tent with no walls or a
covered porch with no walls, to protect
from Rain and Sun.
We both must remain completely masked the entire visit.
(and anyone else that may walk through the area, must be
completely masked, also.)
If you have your own Zero Gravity chair, we can use that.
I bring the linens and pillows required, Plus I bring my
own chair to sit in to do the session.
Any dogs on the property must be kept away from the session area (to keep them away from touching the open corn starch, lotions, essential oils, and also due to my allergies. Although dogs are cute as heck, a nose bonk from them, a lick, or their fur touching my skin will set off my allergies.)
Even though we are outside, there is to be no smoking in the session area.
I'll post my availability on my Midland Ontario Reflexology facebook page from week to week.
My tarot business is very busy right now, with students and personal readings, so there won't be much availability. (As it stands, there is no opportunity for weekend sessions, as my weekend days are booked almost solid until mid September. )
If you are in need for some Foot Reflexology or a Reiki or Energy Healing treatment, you can use the contact forms on this website to connect.
I'm a tarot teacher, and had someone ask me today if all the tarot decks have the same cards in them? I took the lovers card out of a few of the decks I own and teach, to show you the difference about how they read from different decks.
If they are based on the traditional Rider-Waite (Smith) they will have all the same cards, BUT in different decks they are going to speak a little differently from deck to deck.
Shown today is The Lovers Card from :
The Druid Craft Tarot
The Morgan Greer Tarot
The Deviant Moon Tarot
The Wild Wood Tarot
They have some similarities, but will read differently, and this will change your reading.
The deck you choose for reading for yourself or clients, will give you a completely different message. If you pick up a 'how to read tarot' book, it's going to give you very general meanings, and most likely not speak directly to the deck that you have purchased and have fallen in love with.
When I teach my students, it's a specially made program just for YOU, your learning style, and I teach you the tarot deck that you are drawn to read, so that you get the meanings of YOUR deck off by heart and intuitively. This makes the readings that you give UNIQUE to you!
I teach people how to read tarot intuitively, so they can confidently read for themselves, friends, and even paid clients, without the pain of memorizing pages and pages of information!
Meet me at The Little Witch facebook page!
Open to getting some information about taking classes with Lori-Grace? http://www.thelittlewitch.com/learn-t...
The Intuitive Tarot Program is open! It's a one on one course, where in 6 weeks we take you from no tarot experience, to be able to read for friends and family, or paid clients if you want to.
If you've always wanted to know how to read tarot cards, this is a perfect time to learn. You can read for clients over the phone, emails, and over video readings. People are looking for the advice that only you can provide. Wouldn't it be nice to make a difference in the world with the advice and guidance that the tarot provides?
This unique program teaches you the deck that you're most drawn to. They say that the deck often chooses the reader! Most tarot programs teach you the same old deck (It's often the Rider Waite tarot card deck.) but what if you don't connect with that deck?
Every deck is so different, and the same card might mean something completely different in another deck. (For example: The Death card in the Druid Craft Tarot reads differently for me than the Death card in the Morgan Greer Tarot.) I'm going to teach you your deck of choice, so that you understand it and feel confident giving readings to others.
There are tasks and homework to accomplish with this program, all to help you intuitively understand each card and how they work as a system. Little bits of homework that make everything make sense!
Book a Discovery call with Lori-Grace if you are ready to fast track your skill with learning how to read tarot cards!
This exercise just opened up a door with a deck I've been working with for a year - but not able to use with clients yet. It would give me some to-the-point realities about situations, but would never guide or speak in full sentences.
I'm a tarot teacher, and a tarot business coach - The fact that this deck was playing coy with me for so long was becoming vexing. I didn't want to get into a stubborn match of wills with it, but I had been working with it WAY too long to NOT be able to use it by now.
So, I put this exercise to work. Shuffled the deck, let it know that we were about to have a full conversation, and as I pulled the cards for each position, I asked the question out loud:
1. What type of read do you prefer?
2. What advice would help me as I'm learning to work with you?
3. How might you help me grow as a reader?
4. Where might I struggle a little when working with you?
5. How can I fully tap into your energy as a deck?
The deck is the Deviant Moon Tarot by Patrick Valenza. This was the result of my conscious pull:
1. The Lovers. - This deck wants to be used in love readings. This is a surprise to me. I already have a deck I primarily use for romance readings, but then the rest of the cards started to speak to me on this, too.
2. Page of Pentacles - The advice is for me to remain optimistic, grounded, full of hope, but stay the course. This is going to be new territory for me (even after 25 years of reading.)
3. How this deck will help me grow as a reader : We are going to be dealing with some darkness with this deck, and readings from it. The sad stuff, the hard stuff, the no fun stuff. This is ABSOLUTELY a challenge for me, because I have always maintained that I DON'T read the scary stuff. However, I have been working with Hecate for the last year, so this feels like a natural progression. Looking and embracing our shadows as well as light has been a theme for myself for a long time - it's bound to make an appearance for my clients.
4. I am going to struggle with reading about heartbreak, separation, stormy relationships, and absent love. (oh boy.)
5. To fully tap into the energy of this deck, I need to be very aware of Archangel energy. This energy talks about strength and triumph, and the purpose is to lead my clients to embrace determination and courage in the face of NOT FUN STUFF in relationships. I also work with Archangel energies, and this must fuel me to be brave when reading with this deck.
Whew. I'm completely blown away, but I have so much CLARITY on these cards now, and how this particular tarot deck wants to work with me.
Lori-Grace, The Little Witch, has read cards for 25 years. She reads professionally for clients from all over the world, using live online meetings, in person in her office in Midland Ontario, and at home parties and corporate events. Lori-Grace also is a Tarot teacher and Spiritual Mentor. For more information on working one on one with Lori-Grace, see:
Before you get a psychic reading at the Barrie's 3rd Annual Holistic Healing Fair, there are a few ways you should prepare yourself to get the most out of your reading. The event is happening on May 23 and 24, 2020.
I always first suggest that you formulate a question that tells the reader no hints. This is to make sure you get a reading that is really intuitive! I have a full note on how to properly as a psychic your question, with instructions to prepare yourself.
If you can record your reading on your phone or device, be sure to do so. The only issue with big events like the Holistic Healing Fair and recording, is that often there is so much white noise, that it's very hard for a phone to pick up voices and often, the white noise of so many people and music in a room means it may be difficult for you to be able to really be able to focus on what your reader is saying. (As a reader who has done some of these events, sometimes it's a challenge for the reader to help you to focus, too!)
Try to get there early in the day, if you are going to have a tarot reader by one of the vendors at the Barrie event. (The event is happening at 555 Bayview Drive in Barrie, at the Sadlon Arena.) Getting your psychic half way through the day, or at the end of the day, sometimes can mean that you aren't getting a reader at their best. Tarot reading for many people, one after another, is hard work, and reading while in a big crowd can be exhausting for some readers. If you are paying up to $150 for a 20 minute reading, you want your reader at their best, and to give you the best reading possible.
Make sure you go in with a budget in mind. Ofcourse, there are always moments when you just feel like you connect with a reader and that it won't matter what they are charging. But if you know you only have so much in your budget, it's best that you stick to it! Decide whether it is that you want to buy jewellery or tools for yourself, or if you want a small or long reading on a certain subject. Decide what your budget is, and do you best to stick to it so there'll be no regrets at the end of the show!
Although most readers will have a 10 x 10 booth, or possibly a 10 x 20 booth space, some of those may be in high traffic areas. Lots of people walking by, talking, shopping and browsing. When considering which reader you want to sit with, try to find someone who may not be in such a high traffic area, so the reading has the potential to be a little bit quieter. If you choose a reader that looks like they are at a section that isn't so populated, you may be getting a reader who has also done less readings in a day, and is eager and fresh to read for you.
And most of all, have a fun day!
Lori Grace is a psychic tarot reader based in Midland Ontario, who reads in person in the privacy of her downtown office, or one on one over video that you can record to refer back to again and again. Lori Grace offers half hour psychic tarot readings for $40, and hour long readings for $70.
So, you read tarot, and you want to make this hobby of yours HUSTLE! I'm here to tell you it is COMPLETELY do-able! Here are 11 ideas to help you get an amazing foundation fast to making more money.
1. Pick a Social Media Platform, and get GOOD with it. Whether it's Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn or Pinterest, what ever social media platform is your favourite, there's almost always a way to make money on it. Pick your platform, become the expert on it, and then focus all that knowledge towards your tarot. Be creative, and be YOU! Posting pictures of tarot cards everyday is SO overdone. Be Consistent! Share stories, announce availability for readings once a week. When you master one platform, add another, and connect them all together.
2. Meet the Other Local Witches/Readers in your area. Sometimes it can be a challenge to get yourself out there, but go where the readers go. Make some friends. These are the people who are doing what you want to do, and it's good to surround yourself with like-minded folk. Other local readers are going to have some answers to your questions, can put you in touch with event co-ordinators, will give you referrals to clients, and may even become a tarot mentor.
3. Know your tarot cards inside and out. I know this may feel like an odd thing to say, but the better you know your cards, the better your readings will be. And if you give great readings, word of mouth travels. If you've made some effort to get to know other readers, most likely you'll have the chance to READ for other readers. And if your readings are great, they are going to recommend you to other readers, and possibly clients. (I've had times when a client comes into my office, and we just don't click. That's when I recommend another reader for them, and you bet I have a list of other readers that I respect and would recommend!) So, if you feel like you need a little more practice, find yourself some tarot lessons with a tarot teacher.
4. Treat your tarot hobby as a real business. Charge what you are worth. If you want to make money (or more money) with your tarot skill, you have to start treating it as a real business. Surrounding your skill with the energy of a serious business might sound like woo-woo, but isn't a bit of woo-woo exactly where we live as tarot readers? (I always tell my clients "This is my real life." after I give them the "for entertainment purposes only" disclaimer.") Keep the receipts, the mileage on your car, and the bookkeeping. If book keeping isn't your thing, hire someone like I do. For the small amount it costs me to hire her, it frees up hours and hours of my life that I spend making more money with tarot. And, the next year, I get to write off the cost of her services. (I write off a portion of my internet, my phone, my gas mileage, and rent, because I treat my tarot as a home business.) OH yes, and be sure to charge an appropriate amount of the amount of time and money you've invested in learning that skill. If you need help finding that number, get Tarot Marketing Mastermind help with your tarot business.
5. Get some business cards for your tarot business. When you give a fabulous reading, or meet other readers, you'll want a professional and personalized way to give them your info. Vista Print Coupons and specials are offered all the time! They are really inexpensive. (If one client comes to you from business cards, that one reading will more than pay for the entire box of 250 of business cards. ) I leave business cards on the table with my tip at restaurants, as well as on cork boards in shops and offices. (They also offer shirts you can personalize with your business name to wear around, as well as flyers you can make up to leave at shops. I use Vista Print all the time.)
6. Set your business up to take payments. This really is part of taking your business seriously, but it's so important to have other payment methods available no matter where you end up. (And especially before the next few steps to making more money.) I make so much more by being able to accept credit cards and debit cards in my business. The tricky bit is that some payment gateways don't allow 'fortune tellers.' So, it's a good thing that our service can also be considered "Councelling" or "Coaching". My favourite Credit Card Processing to Accept Credit cards and debit cards has been Square. NO fees on your first $1000 in sales. And, after that, the rate they take is the lowest I've found. And after using it for a few years, I've never run into snags with it. They deposit your earnings to your bank account the next business day.
7. Participate in Events and Fundraisers. I have taken part in many local events, from Rotary fundraisers, to private events. Sometimes I'm volunteering my time, taking with me all of my business info. I get the chance to meet new people, and I always book one or two parties and a handful of private readings with people I would have never otherwise met. On occasion I've done corporate events where I'm getting paid a flat fee, or a per person fee. All of these events will have other people milling around or being social who may not get a reading with you that night, but connect with you later. Events and Fundraisers are excellent ways to make more money with tarot. Plus, you get to put on your social media that you participated in something special!
8. Set up a booth at farmers markets and craft fairs. These places will usually charge you a small fee to set up, but now that you've set up your tarot as a business, you can write that off! When I do booths, I will always offer short fast readings at a low price. It's always a busy day, and I'll do up to 16 readings in a day before I need to tap out, however, I regard these days more as being social and a way to connect with people one on one. I've had many repeat clients come to my office or book parties after meeting them in person at markets and fairs. People are always in a curious and fun mood at these, in the mood to explore and be open to fun things. (These are when having that Square comes in really handy!)
9. Do Tarot House Parties. I've been doing house parties for over 10 years, and I think the important thing with these are, above all, safety first! I mostly book for women who want to get together or birthday/bridal shower parties. It's important to remember you are running the show. I instruct the hostess before hand what I'll need, and what to expect, and how to prepare their guests. If you want more guidance with how to set up a tarot reading party so they'll be the most successful for you, let's connect!
10. Read Tarot in a Metaphysical or New Age Shop. Being a guest reader in a metaphysical shop can be so much fun, and so lucrative! Whether you just want to be a guest reader every now and again or a permanent fixture, people are always coming in off the street or looking to their favourite new age shop to recommend a good reader for them. I usually ask in every shop what the average price is that a reader charges, as the shops are always going to take a small percent of what you are charging. You may have to get used to the idea of charging a little more, but you'll be surprised how quickly clients will pay for the service of tarot guidance. Being affiliated with a shop can also help boosts your reputation and credentials.
11. Ask for Referrals. Don't be shy! When ever anyone asks what I do, or I get into a convo at markets or events, instead of pitching the person I'm talking to, I like to ask them "If anyone you know might be interested, I'd really appreciate the referral!" when I had them my business card. And, it works! I always ask clients before they sit in my office how they found me, and about 30% come from referrals. (which means asking for the referral has given me a 30% boost in my income.)
The bulk of the other 70% of my income comes from the other Marketing skills I've learned and implemented over the last 10 years, to make tarot reading and energy work my soul income.
Lori-Grace, aka The Little Witch, is a psychic medium who uses tarot cards to connect with spirit guides. She sees clients in her Midland Ontario office and online over video meetings for readings, teaching tarot classes, and Mentorship and coaching with tarot marketing. For more information about Tarot Classes or Tarot Marketing, see her website at http://TheLittleWitch.com
Electronic Gift Certificates are now available with The Little Witch - for tarot readings, psychic readings, reiki treatments, and reflexology.
Tarot readings can be done anywhere via in person, one on one video chat, at the convenience of the person you are buying the Gift Card for! They can choose from times shown on the booking schedule, or email directly to Lori-Grace to arrange a suitable time. Times available are in Eastern Time, and can be from 9am to 9pm.
Electronic Gift Certificates can also be used for in person visits in The Little Witch office in Midland, Ontario.
Payments for egift cards are taken by the Square payment processing system, with a place for you to choose the amount, and leave a personalized note for the gift recipient. You choose a gift certificate picture to go along with your gift. A code is then emailed to the person you want to make the gift for, for them to use when they are ready to get their reading.
Gift Certificates can also be purchased for classes, coaching and mentoring.
The Coldwater Witches Walk is fast approaching, do you have your black hat ready?
I was asked by a friend, if I would be attending the Coldwater Witches walk this year. Last year, I attended, with a set up in the Coldwater Museum. I was there to help a friend who is also a reader, with doing tarot readings.
This year, the event happens on October 16, 2019.
Last year, with some weird weather, we lost power all through Coldwater, and so I only got to do a few readings before it got dark and even more confusing! But still, I think so many ladies had a great night.
As a vendor with the Witches Walk, we have to set up a tent, and figure out how to light it all up so that all through the eve, all the witches can see inside the tent.
I'm not crazy about the idea of sitting outside in the brrrrr cold! So, this year if I go, I'll be seeing if I can sit inside of one of the shops and be helpful, in exchange for being able to hand out business cards and let people know about my readings in Orillia and Midland. (I have offices in both cities.)
I remember being SO cold last year, so be sure to dress in real witchy layers! thick stockings and shawls and mittens and long socks! Halloween costumes will probably not cut it!
If you are looking for a reading before heading out to the festivities, connect with Lori-Grace, The Little Witch, to make your Witchy night complete!
Lori-Grace writes about paranormal occurrences, dream work, tarot readings, and ponderings.
The Little Witch Newsletter goes out twice a month - One Subscriber will win a FREE One Question Email each newsletter!